Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Marvel Legends Series Walgreens Exclusive 6" Namor


Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Series 6" Namor. He came as a surprise for me when he was revealed. With what's been going on regarding the Fantastic Four (FF) and related properties involving the movie studios, I didn't expect a new figure of him. Could this mean there's something up? I hope so. I would love to see the FF, Dr Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus etc. back in the main Marvel Cinematic Universe. Anyway on to the review. 


This figure is a Walgreens Exclusive. I had to ship this one in. 



My first impression of Namor is that he's out of proportion, especially at the arms. They seem a little too big for him. The reason for that is the arms come from the medium sized character type such as Captain America (Red Onslaught series) and Whirlwind, and they attached it on a smaller sized torso. The upper legs too uses the medium sized character ones. The torso is all new. It has more of a streamlined shape compared to the Bucky Captain America body, which suits a swimmer's body just fine. The torso has good muscle definition and there's nice detail on his costume. The seams were sculpted, that is the V line and where the blue meets the black. I like that they used metallic blue. It definitely helps him stand out. The seams below his waist were just painted on. The collar is a separate piece stuck on. They did a great job with the "scale" pattern. They were very well painted. There's hardly any blemishes. He's got a great head sculpt. The shape and likeness is good. He's got the pointy ears. The eyes were poorly painted on my figure. It looks like someone tried to do some touch up work. I like the hair which has great sculpted detail and painted a shiny black. It makes it appears very slick. 


























Just to show you the wings at his feet. They were made of a soft, flexible type of plastic and have a nice sculpt. They are pegged and glued at his ankles. You know I have always wondered how he flies with those wings. They have to be working overtime. 


Accessories. He comes with an extra pair of interchangeable flat open hands. They are "freestyle" swimming hands for when he's in the water. I like the detail on them. You can see the nails, veins and they also have some lines on them. I would have liked if he came with some fists as well. 


He also comes with a trident. It's the same accessory that came with the Odin BAF figure. His is metallic gold and green in colour. It really is more of a spear. And it does not look like any trident he has used before that I can recall. The trident is a little too big for Namor to hold. While you can fit in his hand but you'll be stretching it a lot. I don't recommend him holding it for an extended period of time.   


Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows,swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot. He can look up and down well. The ab crunch allows one click forwards and one click backwards. The ankle pivot can be used with little hindrance from the wings.  































Comparison shots.




Namor is a great figure! The arms still bother me a bit but he looks okay from different angles. I don't like the trident. I'm going to have to find the old ones. I misplaced my accessory box... Thanks for viewing!


No comments: