Sunday, February 28, 2016

Marvel Select Avenging Captain America Disney Store Exclusive


Another Marvel Select figure. Here's the Disney Store Exclusive Avenging Captain America.





And I did it again... buying a normal sized Marvel Select character for a part... I'm glad I did as this is an excellent figure! Thank you Hydra base! Lol. I didn't know from where this figure is based on. I initially thought it was a MCU Cap due to the uniform and a head sculpt which resembles Chris Evans a lot. But after looking it up online I found out it's actually based on the Captain America: Living Legend series. The helmet strap was sculpted. The A and the wings were painted on. I'm a little annoyed that the A is off centre on my piece. There's also a bluish patch on his left cheek which I'm not happy about. The uniform looks gorgeous. It was very well painted. I love the wash and shading they did. They made it very realistic. You can make out the seams on his uniform and there's lots of wrinkles in his pants. The boots are textured and I like they painted the studs and buckles. He wears a harness. The portion at the shoulder and upper torso area were sculpted on. The other part of it was stuck on partially. The lower half with the belt and pouches are not glued down. This leaves a gap at the ab area with the straps and the belt tends to slide up his body when posing. I'm okay with it as this allows some torso articulation and it still looks pretty good. He carries a gas cannister and a well detailed grenade on the harness. Again I have to mention the excellent paint detail. He has a pre-posed trigger finger which makes me think he might have originally intended to come with a gun. 


























Accessories. He comes with his shield which is of a good size. The paint apps are okay. The paint didn't quite hit the mark where it's supposed to. It still looks okay though as everything got shifted together evenly. There seems to be a white sprayed in with red. It's more apparent on the strap side. 


The shield has straps for him to hold. They were stuck on as evident by that large spot of glue. Fortunately this side is not usually seen. He can hold it better in his right hand than in his left due to the gripping hand.


Here's the object which made me buy this figure, the Hydra base ruins. Just love it! My base seems warped and leaning to its right.  I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that.  


The sculpting is superb and there's lots of great detail. You can see the cracks and bullet holes in what remains of the structure. I also like that there's some metal support pieces showing.




It goes well with Marvel Legends figures.


Cap has great articulation. He's got a dumbbell joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, elbow hinge, forearm swivel, swivel hinge wrists, a torso joint, waist rotation, peg hinge hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot. The joints are pretty tight so do handle with care so as not to break them. He can look up and down just a bit. The torso joint allows just a small amount of turn. You don't want to turn it too much anyway because of the straps. If he had some ab crunch it would have been perfect.































Comparison shots. I don't have too many Marvel Select figures.



Great figure and a great base! I didn't buy Black Panther, no thanks to the simple plant base. Lol. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have... Thanks for viewing!


5 comments:

Zach C. said...

Hey man, just wanted to say that I love your reviews. You really have a talent for putting figures in cool poses and I've gotten quite a few ideas directly from your reviews.
Keep it up, I love reading these!

Jason said...

Thanks for viewing!

Unknown said...

really cool review man
which iron man is that?

Jason said...

@Ruben - Hi, that's the Armorize Iron Man. http://comeseetoys.blogspot.sg/2016/01/sen-ti-nel-armorize-iron-man-modern.html

John said...

Hello. Awesome Photos. Where can I buy this Captain America? ThankS!