Tuesday, May 31, 2016

WWE Elite Series 39 British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith


Not much into WWE nowadays. But if an "old guy" like this Flashback figure of the British Bulldog presents itself at a decent price, I'll likely pick it up. 




I missed the Legends Series Bulldog previously so I'm pleased to get this one. The figure is based on his appearance from the early 90s. He had the dreadlock hair and he wore tights. I'm not seeing the Bulldog in the head sculpt. He looks more like Jerry Lawler to me. They did the dreadlocks really well. There's great detail. The ends of his hair is flexible and allows for head rotation. The beads were painted on. Too much paint was used I feel. The beads look quite thick. His body looks a bit small to me. I thought he was bigger. I could be wrong. They did a great job with the paint detail of his tights. The lines and letters came out very clean and straight. There's hardly any blemishes across the joints too. Very nice! The forearm sleeves were painted on and the paint application for them is not good here. There's a lot of bleeding. 


























He comes with a Union Jack entrance cape which is a really cool accessory. I wish we get more of these with different flags. The cape was made of a soft, flexible vinyl material and is not heavy. There are straps at the ends and in the middle on one side so he can wear it at his wrists and neck. The paint apps here is just okay. There's a number of blemishes on my piece.



As mentioned the cape is flexible and he can put his arms down. The cape will stick out at the back when you this, which will look awkward if he's standing still.    



Articulation. He's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, elbow hinge, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel ankle hinge. The ankles also have a side-to-side hinge which allows a little pivot action.  







Comparison shots.



A nice figure overall. I love that entrance cape. This has rekindled my interest in the line a bit. Hope I can get the upcoming Elite Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. Thanks for viewing! 


1 comment:

Kim Dubuisson said...

Just got this one too!