Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Marvel Legends Series Ultimate Spider-man Peter Parker & Miles Morales


And it's back to Marvel with a double dose of Ultimate Spider-man!




What do you do when you're running out of Spider-man figures to make from one universe? Simple. You tap into another one. After Spider-verse there are even more Spider-man to choose from. I'm still waiting on Spider-ham! This figure is of the Ultimate Spider-man. It can pass off as both the comic and cartoon versions. I'm leaning more on the cartoon side as I'm more familiar with that. The Peter Parker here is a teenager. You'll notice that he's on an all new smaller body. I like the sculpt and I think it looks great. With this new body you can bet that the likes of Sam Alexander Nova will be along in no time. Spider-man's eyes were sculpted which is nice. They are big and rounded. I'm a little annoyed that the right eye has a blemish on my figure. The paint apps are superb. I like the colour tones of his costume. All the costume details were painted on. The lines and logo turned out very clean clean and straight. They even painted the inside of the ab joint Great stuff! 


























Miles Morales was from the Ultimate Universe but has since crossed over into the mainstream one. I have not read any of his recent stories yet so do fill me in if there's been anything significant. The figure is a repaint of Peter Parker above. The head sculpt and body are the same. The paint apps are not as great but still pretty good on my figure. There's a noticeable blemish at his left shoulder.






They both come with similar accessories. Each has an unmasked head and two additional pairs of interchangeable hands (wall crawling and web-shooting hands). Peter comes with the left arm of the Space Venom BAF while Miles comes with the right arm. 


Both the unmasked heads look superb. They have a good likeness to how they appeared in the comics. I like the look of Miles better. He has a hint of a smile and looks pleasant. The eyes were very well painted. Peter looks a little wild and crazy to me. Maybe it's the smile. His right eye is looking to his right on my figure but it's not too bad. I like the sculpted detail in his hair. There's many locks on top. The head came out a little rough. You can see the jagged edges at the sides of his face and there's more underneath.


























They have great articulation. They both have a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot. They can look up and down really well. The shoulders have pretty good range. They can put their arms close by the sides. Some scraping will occur at the shoulders so do try to take care when moving those joints. The ab crunch allows for two clicks forwards and one click back. They cannot do a full side spilt but it's better than what the "Pizza" Spidey can do. I would have liked if the ankle hinge had more allowance so they could step forward more. It'll help with running poses for example.































Comparison shots. I like the new Miles Morales. The previous figure was overly muscular.







Both great figures! Thanks for viewing!


5 comments:

bloodheaven said...

Both are must haves. Your action poses are amazing (see what I did there? haha) Great review! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Really love your reviews! Fabulous pics!

Jason said...

Thanks all for your kind words!

John Smith said...

I am a big fan of Spiderman, watched the last movie Homecoming spiderman out of the box. It's very exciting to see the new movie of Spiderman Series. I love the Marvel comic that makes my childhood amazing. It will be fun to present my favorite superhero toy present to my son.
If you can provide me Spiderman Marvel Art like that.
Thanks

Unknown said...

Coll figures