Friday, May 13, 2022

Star Wars The Black Series George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise


Thank the maker! 



Thank you George Lucas for Star Wars! And thank you Hasbro for this George Lucas figure in the 6" scale! I like getting some real life personalities in figure form so as to make them interact with various characters. Fun! I would have preferred him in some civilian attire but I don't mind this. I did not get any of the new version Stormtrooper figures (availability/budget reasons) so I can also add this to my small pool of troops. This would be my first time checking out the new type body. I think the body should be the same based on images online. The look seems flatter than the original figures. The torso armour is loose and shifts around. Is it supposed to be like that? The shoulder armour is attached at the shoulders and can be swivelled as you rotate the arms. That's nice. However they stick out a little too much for my liking. They seem like flaps to me. One thing I noticed is George's suit has some black paint for the little knobs at the ab area.     



I think he's got a good head sculpt. There is a decent likeness. It's definitely George. In some angles I see Tim Allen's Santa Claus. I like that that gave him an older look. It's the look I'm more familiar with and prefer. I would have liked if he came with some glasses. His hair was well done. I like the mix of the greys and black. 


Accessories. He comes with his helmet and a blaster rifle. The blaster rifle should be the same one we've seen before. One thing of note is that it's in a dark greyish colour. The blasters I have are black in colour.


The helmet is quite a tight fit. You'll want to take care when putting it on and removing it. There's a good chance you'll scratch his nose.


I personally prefer the look of the original Stormtrooper figure for the wider and bulkier look. I don't know... the new one just doesn't seem as tough. The shoulder armour is closer to the arms on the old one. I prefer that as well. 


I tried doing some head swaps. The head will not fit on the Marvel Legends suited bodies. What you see below is the head sitting on the peg.


Articulation. He's got a dumbbell joint upper neck, dumbbell joint lower neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel and up and down hinge right wrist, swivel hinge left wrist, diaphragm joint, ball hips, thigh swivel, swivel hinge knees and ankle hinge and pivot.






Comparison shots.





Great figure! I hope to find a nice suited body for him. Thanks for viewing!



No comments: