Thursday, September 5, 2013

STGCC 2013 Thoughts and Everything Else


I said it before, I'll say it again. This was the best STGCC ever! I would have been happy with just the toys alone. Yes there was an overdose of Iron Man but what fantastic displays there were. Play Imaginative revealing their whole upcoming lineup at one go was amazing. I don't think that's been done in any toy line before. Enterbay with their NBA collection offered something different. And also the Manchester United figures.



I forgot to mention the Endor diorama put up by StarWars.SG for the 30th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Great effort! Their displays are one of my personal favourites of the event. There are always "easter eggs". The G.I.Joe Joe Colton in rebel disguise was very sneaky.



Marvel took the convention experience up a notch. Their booth this year was exactly what's been lacking. Lots of activities, audience participation and prizes. It makes things more fun. And bringing several big names like Joe Madureira, David Mack and C.B Cebulski helps too.



I watch cartoons more than I read comics nowadays so I was happy to get a glimpse of Avengers Assemble and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. Dracula will be make an appearance in the shows. Who would have thought that? It was mentioned that characters who appear often may be in future movies. I'll definitely keep track of that.


Disney Infinity caught my attention. Each different Disney character has their own story and setting. And the characters have their own abilities. Just plain simple fun. There's a multiplayer option as well. The figures that come with the game are tempting to collect. The starter pack comes with three figures. They are Jack Sparrow, Mr Incredible and Sulley. Other figures come in packs. The Lone Ranger was on display. I think there's also a CARS pack as well.



Both Aza and Vampy Bit Me were great. Vampy in particular was refreshing. For the first time we had a guest cosplayer who cosplays superheroes. Unfortunately she only dressed as one (Psylocke) just once.



Right, that's it from me for STGCC 2013. I'm already looking forward to next year's edition.


Galleries have been added for the Hot Toys and Play Imaginative posts. Links within.

Additionally, here are some more photos to share.
General


Thanks for viewing!




No comments: