Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Star Wars The Black Series Grand Moff Tarkin


It's May! Which means Star Wars Day is just around the corner. Let's kick the month off with a look at the Star Wars The Black Series Grand Moff Tarkin.




Grand Moff Tarkin is the only figure I wanted from the Solo wave. I'm quite disappointed with the recent Star Wars movies and I haven't really took to the new characters. Unless that changes I'm going to stick to Original characters and Rebels as far as possible. Tarkin is a great looking figure. He's got a great likeness. The head sculpt and paint apps are good. I've read that Hasbro has been using a new paint application technique called "Photo Real". You can read a little about that here. The results speak for themselves. All of the featured figures in the article look great. I hope they use the technique for even more figures. There's nice sculpted detail on Tarkin's uniform. It's textured and has wrinkles and creases. The rank insignia and code cylinders were all sculpted. The greenish grey colour of his uniform is spot on.


























Tarkin comes with an Interrogator Droid which I think is a great inclusion. It has nice detail and has various "persuasive" tools attached. Aside from the needle, I'm not sure what the other tools are. I do like the chrome colour they were painted in. And also the chrome lining which was done very well. The droid sits on a stand which I did not take a full pic of. There's actually a ball joint on the stand so the droid can tilt in different directions.



Articulation. He's got a dumbbell joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double joint knees and ankle hinge and pivot. He can look down decently but not up. The elbows bend at most ninety degrees. The "skirt" section of his uniform is quite flexible and he can raise his legs up quite decently.






























Comparison shots.



Great figure! Thanks for viewing!


1 comment:

J Hernandez said...

Such a great figure. One of my favorites this year. Excellent review, Jason!