Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Spectacular Spider-man Collection


It's been a busy week so this will be another simple post. I still would like to catch Avengers: Infinity War at least another three more times. Lol. It's an awesome movie! I won't say anymore but I urge you to go and watch it as soon as you can if you haven't.

Right. So I've been been trying to sort through my stuff of late and I came across my Spectacular spectacular Spider-man collection. Wait. Let's try that again. Spectacular spectacular Spider-man... Lol. I love the intro song. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the figures. I decided to take them out for some photos since they predate my blog. I did a quick Google and found out that this year is actually the 10th Anniversary of the cartoon! How about that. It's one of the best Spider-man cartoons. A shame it lasted only two seasons. Anyway here's a look at the figures.  


There were not too many different characters released. Even so it was quite a tough line to collect locally. And it didn't help that some of the villains were short-packed (as always with an animated line). The figures captured the animated style well and had decent articulation for a kids line. 

Spider-man was one of the easy ones. The below are not the best versions though. I regret not picking up the version with less black lines for the default Spidey. I was thinking to wait for a discount, and then I forgot about it...


There were two versions of Doc Ock. The first had a gimmick where the tentacle arms will grip when you squeezed his legs. The position of the arms are fixed and the stance is quite wide. Thankfully for the second Doc Ock with trenchcoat. It's a cooler and meaner looking figure, plus the arms are bendable.



There were also two versions of Venom. The first which you see below has a blue tint and metallic shine. The second which I did not get was more black in colour.



The detail on Sandman is superb.





Vulture was the toughest figure to acquire. The series which he came out in did not have a wide release. 


Fiddling with the figures make me want to rewatch the cartoon. Maybe I'll do just that, after another couple rounds of Avengers. Lol. Thanks for viewing!


4 comments:

GIJigsaw said...

Neat collection. Didn't even know these existed. Very cool.

Unknown said...

I gotta find some of these. My son wants the black suit Spiderman,Venom, and Green Goblin. Awesome series

Anonymous said...

This in my opinion is a little better than 1994 spider man collection

Unknown said...

Amigo...no venderás tu buitre no puedo conseguirlo aún...