Thursday, December 4, 2014

Nendoroid Louise, Shana, Nagi & Taiga


It's... it's not that I like these figures or anything. It's just that as a toy collector I look at all kind of toys.

Who am I kidding. I love these figures. Those who are familiar with these four characters will know they have some things in common. They were all voiced by the same voice actress, Rie Kugimiya. And the characters have "Tsundere" personalities. I'll try to explain the meaning of that. The person acts cold and uncaring but actually cares and tries to hide that fact.


The Nendoroid figures all have interchangeable facial expressions and arms or hands. I won't be going through all of them but you can see the various parts through the pics. They all cannot stand on their own and you need to use the base.

First up is Louise from the series Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero). Louise is a student at a Magic Academy. She has poor magic abilities, hence she was given the nickname Zero. She summons Saito, a human male during the familiar summoning ceremony and that's where the fun begins. Saito tends to make a snide remarks or get involved in awkward situations which makes Louise angry. He usually gets punished for it. Their interactions are fun to watch. It's not all comedy. There's also a decent main story arc going on and things can get serious.

I liked the series so much that I went and searched for this figure of her. She was my first Nendoroid. She comes with a cloak, her wand, two riding crops (one straight and one bent), a spell book and a base. I did a post on her previously which you can see here.


I just love her with the bent riding crop. "You... you ungrateful dog!!!"


----------

Next up is Nagi Sanzenin from Hayate the Combat Butler. It was one of the first animes I watched. I didn't like it at first but it slowly grew on me. Nagi comes from a wealthy family. She's smart but lazy. She likes to play games and is very knowledgeable of manga.


Nagi's attire is the dress she wore when she first meets Hayate. I would have preferred if she wore something more casual. She comes with a cheerful face, an embarrassed face and a smug face. For accessories she has a hat, her pet "cat" Tama (actually a white tiger) and a handheld game console. She comes with kneeling legs so she can play her game. Only her hands are interchangeable. Her elbows have swivel.



























----------

It's Shana's turn now. She's from the series Shakugan no Shana. I was quite lucky as a couple of these shows were showing on Animax. I caught all seasons of them. The show has less comedy and more action. The first two seasons of Shana were okay. The last one was a mess. I felt there were too many characters and things going on.


Normally for an action type character I would go for a figma. I chose Nendoroid instead so as to go along with the other "Tsundere" characters. It took me quite some time to find this figure. I wanted an original figure. A lot of the figures I saw were knock-offs. If the price is too good to be true, it's probably fake. One way to identify an original piece is the colour of her hair. It should be red. 

This figure is the "Burning hair and eyes" version. She appears like this when she's using her abilities. I wouldn't have mind the black hair version. It's just that I came across this one first,  She's dressed in her school uniform. She comes with three facial expressions, her cloak, "Alastor" (her pendant) and her sword.   



























----------

Last but not least, Aisaka Taiga from the series Toradora!.  This show is good. It has comedy, drama and a lot of emotion, especially towards the end. You can't help but cheer for her and Ryuji, her classmate.  


Taiga was the last Nendoroid of this group that I got. Basically because she was released later. In terms of accessories she has the least. There's only her wooden sword and the "Palm Top Tiger". It's a nickname given to her for being short and hot tempered. That's how it's illustrated. I like her with arms folded.


























Some pics of them together.




Don't misunderstand. I'm just taking some photos and not playing with them okay.

Thanks for viewing!



1 comment:

eru said...

they are so cute, great photos!