Tuesday, March 31, 2015

WWE Defining Moments Hulk Hogan


Here's a look at the WWE Defining Moments Hulk Hogan. 




Hulk Hogan was one of my favourite wrestlers back in the 80s and early 90s. I always got a buzz hearing "Real American", seeing him rip his shirt off, going through his routine and "hulking up" in a match. I only got to watch him till Wrestlemania IX where he won the title after a brief confrontation with Yokozuna. I stopped following after that as the local TV station did not screen WCW events. I would much later read of what happened in WCW and then watch his return in the WWE. I liked him more in his first run at the WWE so this figure is pretty much what I wanted. 


























"Let me tell you something Mean Gene!" This figure could be the best Hulk Hogan figure there is. He's got a great head sculpt. The likeness is good. He's got his game face on. His moustache was sculpted and the paint apps of his face are good too. One thing which I don't like is the "hairpiece" on top of his head. It's noticeable that his hair is not one piece. The top portion was half sculpted and painted while the lower longer section was stuck on. What makes it worse is the hair has different colour tones. The body is okay. I don't recall him being that lean though. I'll have to go see some old clips later. I like the creases on his trunks. There's also nice detail on his boots. The tape on his wrists were painted on. Another nice bit is the front of the knee pads are of a darker red which is accurate. Very well done.


























Accessories. He comes with his bandanna, a cross necklace, his shirt and a classic World Heavy Weight Championship belt. The shirt was made of a rubbery material. Without him wearing the belt a gap is visible down the middle. I was going to say a soft goods one might have been better but they would probably have velcroed the front and it may not look as good. The necklace has great detail, especially on the chain. The belt too has great detail and is very shiny. You can make out various countries flags on it. 



Articulation. He's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, elbow hinge, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge.































Comparison shots.



If you're a Hulkamaniac you should definitely pick this up. Great figure!

Before I end I'll like to say how glad I am that Macho Man Randy Savage was finally inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. Ooooh Yeaaaahhh! Thanks for viewing!



6 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

HE IS ON MY LIST FOR SURE!

Alexx said...

I don't own a single current wrestling figure, but one of my first toys ever was one of those hard rubber figures of Hulk Hogan with the Championship Belt. This guy....he's got the nostalgia vibes, I'm tellin' ya. Perhaps I'll break for this one.

deSMOnd said...

Bro, where did you get it? I am looking for this too.

Jason said...

@ deSMOnd - bought it from US

Kim Dubuisson said...

We recently got this one. One of the absolute best action figure EVER!! Love the sculpt, details, paint and accessories.

Earl said...

Never knew you collect wrestling figures too