Monday, October 8, 2012

Marvel Legends Epic Heroes The Punisher


Enter the Punisher!

There's no BAF in this wave, instead figures come with a base. It's the same base we've seen before from the Avengers movie and Amazing Spider-man lines.


I've been wanting a new Punisher figure. I didn't like the one from the Nemesis wave and I missed out on the Face-Off version. This figure looks to be an improvement, especially the headsculpt. He truly looks like the comics' Punisher. The paint is great as well. His blue eyes stand out, maybe too brilliant. His hair is slick and I love the stubble on his face.  The figure looks a little out of proportion with the thin arms and chunky legs. He has on the same type of coat first worn by Nick Fury. I guess everyone shops at the same place for coats. I've no complaints about the paint There's a wash on his belt and boots.

For best viewing, click on the images.
























The belt is removeable. His emblem could use longer teeth.


Comparison with the Toy Biz ML4 Punisher. The ML4 version reminds me of "Just Bruce" so I'll probably use this new figure for display. I mean that in a good way.


He comes with 5 guns. It's diffcult to get him to hold the white rifle due to the shape of the handle and the way his hands are sculpted. I don't recommend you try it as you'll be stretching his hand. He can hold the rest of the guns just fine. I would have liked the guns to have straps on them or his coat to have some loops or something so he can carry all his weapons. 


Articulation. He has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, wrist swivel and hinge, torso pivot, ball hinge hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle swivel and hinge. He can look up and down really well.






























Some comparison pics.


 
That's all for now, thanks for viewing!  

2 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Pretty cool! Love his belt- it caught a lot of flak about the teeth paintjob, but who would pose him w/out the belt?

Jason said...

True. But its always good to have that option. Maybe for a casual scene at his hideout or having got caught and stripped of equipment.