Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Avengers 3.75" Comic Series Marvel's Hawkeye (Ultimate)


Have you caught The Avengers movie? If not, you should! It's one of the best movies I've watched in a long time. Simply awesome to see all the heroes in action together! Man I almost cried. Ahem... back to the figure at hand, here's Ultmate Hawkeye.   




I did not read the Ultimate comics so I'm not familiar with this version of Hawkeye. If I didn't know who he was I would have thought he was a character from TMNT. He reminds me of a Foot Soldier, what with the masked face, the red dot on his forehead and red eyes and the purple of his costume. The gauntlets on his forearms could have come from the Shredder. Looking at images on the net, the figure looks to be comic accurate. I would prefer him with an unmasked head. This is the first figure I've come across with a snood. It's removeable. There's nice detail on his clothes, belt and boots. He's carrying a modified backpack which can fit two of his "arrows". The paint is pretty good. I like the matte grey and silver combination on his gauntlets and kneepads which make them look worn.
























He's shorter than his Marvel Universe counterparts.



Hawkeye comes with a crossbow, two pistols and an oversized "bow" with three coloured "arrows". The pistol in between the crossbow and the other gun in the pic below is very thin and is warped. Good thing the figure is sculpted with trigger fingers or he'll be dropping it a lot. I'm not sure what to make of this gun / bow, perhaps it could be used as a battering ram. When you fire the "arrow" the red parts will open to make it more bow like.   


The holsters are too small for the pistols. They'll only accomodate the barrels, leaving the other half sticking out well above. They drop out easily.
























The following pic took me quite awhile to shoot. Either the "bow" kept dropping or the figure fell. The blu-tac went missing when I needed it. The "arrows" fit well in his backpack. 


Articulation. He's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, ball hinge hips, thigh swivel and swivel hinge knees. The thigh cut is slanted upwards a lot and it hinders him from lifting his leg up straight. To get him to lift his leg higher, you need to rotate his leg to the side first. There's also not much bend at the knees.  



























Borrowing a bow from the Marvel Universe figure. The bow is a little loose in his left hand but he can still hold it well. The arrow fits fine in between his first and second finger.



He's the same height as the Avengers movie figures. Good that he is at least taller than the Marvel Universe Black Widow.


This is only an okay figure for me. I might have liked it more if I read the comics. The movie version of Hawkeye is in wave 3. Looking forward to that. Hope that it'll be available in stores here. That's all for now, thanks for viewing!      

No comments: