Saturday, May 20, 2017

Star Wars The Black Series 6" Qui-Gon Jinn


Here's a look at the Black Series 6" Qui-Gon Jinn.




Qui-Gon is one of my favourite characters. He had presence and I liked him as a mentor. I'm quite disappointed with the figure, especially with regards to how his face turned out. His skin is smooth and lacks some facial lines. He's also too pale in my opinion. He has a rather ghostly appearance, made worse by his dark painted eyes. His beard was sculpted which is nice. His eyebrows and moustache were painted and it shows... The hair has good detail. There's nice sculpted detail on his attire. His tunic and tabard has wrinkles and are textured. The belt and pouches too were sculpted. I like that there's some brown wash. He did have that grubby, haggard kind of appearance. I would have liked if they did some weathering on his sleeves as well. They are too clean compared to the body. His pants too are textured and there's also nice sculpted detail for his boots. One issue with my figure is how loose the hips are. I couldn't really pose him as how I would have liked.


























Accessories. He comes with an extra interchangeable left Force gesture hand.


He also comes with his lightsaber which had nice sculpted detail. Good paint detail too. The green blade is removable and can be attached to his belt. His tabard hangs out a little too much and hinders the lightsaber from being pegged in more securely.


I tried on Obi-wan's cloak on him. It's a bit short but I think it looks pretty good. That is with the hood down. His hair prevents the hood from being pulled forward more. 


























Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. He can look down okay but not up due to the hair. He can hardly bend forwards or back. 






























Comparison shots.



I'm not satisfied with this figure. I'll probably look to get the S.H.Figuarts version. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: