Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Marvel Legends Series Nakia & Okoye BAF


Happy Holidays all! I hope all is well. Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Nakia and Okoye BAF.




Nakia is another character I'm unfamiliar with. From the description on the package, she's a member of the Dora Milaje who protects the Black Panther. I guess that makes her a bodyguard. The figure looks great. It's an all new figure. She's got a nice head sculpt. I think there's a good likeness. I like the detail of her hair and the different shades of brown in it. Nice! I also like that they painted her earrings. There's great sculpted detail on her attire. There's even lines sculpted in her legs. Ouch! I wouldn't want to go through that. I looked up images online and she's supposed to be wearing tights. The belt and skirt section is a separate piece. I love the buckle which is shaped like a panther. There's a good amount of paint detail. Hasbro seems to be putting in more effort on the MCU figures.  


























Accessories. Nakia comes with two ring blades and a blade. I'm not sure who the blade belongs to to be honest. Neither can hold it properly as the handle is too thin for them to grip. I'm going to give it to Okoye as I think she uses more traditional weapons. The BAF parts are the torso and spear of Okoye.


Check out the sculpted detail on the ring blade. Good stuff!


On to the Okoye BAF. Here's the parts list:

Head - Black Panther
Torso, blade and Spear - Nakia
Arms - Sub-Mariner
Left Leg - Erik Killmonger
Right Leg - Black Bolt


Okoye is also a member of the Dora Milaje. Going by the trailer and images online, and the colour difference in her attire, I assume she is someone who is more senior. She's got a decent head sculpt. I think she looks a little too young though and lacks that bit of intensity. I love the markings on her head which were very well applied. There's great sculpted detail on her attire. Some parts are reused from Nakia such as the upper arms and upper legs. The torsos are similar. They did some modifications to Okoye's. I like that they changed it up a little. The skirt section is a separate piece. She does not have a panther piece on it unfortunately. There's a good amount of paint detail. It's not as well applied here than on Nakia. There's quite a bit of smudging on my figure.


























A close up of her head. The markings are cool!


Articulation

Nakia has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. She can look up and down well. There's enough allowance at the right shoulder armour to allow good use of the joint. The torso joint allows good bend to the sides and decent bend front and back. The skirt piece hinders leg articulation but there's still a number of good poses she can do. 

Okoye has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. She can look up and down well. Similar to Nakia the torso joint allows a good range of motion. Her elbows bend at most ninety degrees.































Comparison shots.




Both great figures with great detail! I like the accessories too. Thanks for viewing!


2 comments:

Tom Boy said...

I just realized something;
Okoye is the third character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be played by an actor/actress who starred in The Walking dead.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Loved these- beautiful action figures!