Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Avengers 3.75" Chitauri Cosmic Chariot Invasion


I have an army... of one. This thing cost around US$28 here so yeah it'll have to be just one for now. Sorry Loki.




I'll start with the figure first. Is it a Chitauri? Or is it actually General Grievous? Thats the impression I got when I saw this figure. The helmet looks off. If I remember correctly, most of the Chitauri in the movie wore more rounded helmets. And I would have liked if the eyes and mouth were exposed. Looking at the back of the figure, there's some sculpted detail on his skin. I think its supposed to be part of his armour which was unpainted. Speaking of which,  the armour has some nice sculpted detail. The "skirt" portion is flexible and it is a separate piece glued to the figure. The paint application is poor, especially the gold areas. The paint does not fully cover what its supposed to and it overflows onto his skin in some areas. And I think the figure could use a black wash. He's too clean. Overall the figure looks okay, but the helmet really needs to be changed.     

























Articulation. He's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, ball hinge hips, thigh swivel and swivel hinge ankles. There's no elbow or knee articulation, which is rather disappointing  




He comes with a Cosmic Chariot. It comes in two parts. The smaller part is a seat which supports the figure. I like that the chariot can be made flat for storage. There's also a missle. The button to fire it is located underneath the chariot.  


This is a one man chariot. I seem to recall in the movie that it should hold at least two Chitauri. Anyway, the chariot looks good. There's lots of detail on it. It has a brownish colour. I would have liked if it were light gold as pictured on the package.  


























The "shoulder protectors" and the seat have ball joints. The levers and foot stands can be moved up and down.



The figure can stand decently on the chariot. There are pegs where the figure can be secured.

























"This is going to be fun."

























Some comparison shots. The Chitauri is slightly taller than Thor. I think that thats about right.



That's all for now, thanks for viewing!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one man army bro. But it is pretty expensive for a 3.75" toy. I preferred the one man Hulk, hee.

Kim Dubuisson said...

Cool find!
We need this one ut its way too expensive...