Thursday, August 11, 2016

DC Collectibles Batman: The Animated Series Zatanna


Here's a look at the Batman: The Animated Series (BTAS) Zatanna.




Zatanna only appeared in one episode of BTAS. I remember I was excited to see her and I remember hoping  to even more characters would appear. We then had Superman, and eventually Justice League and the rest is history. Zatanna looks like she stepped right out of the show. I like the head sculpt. She has a great likeness. I love her cheerful expression. The eyes and lips were very well. Her hat looks to have been stuck on her head. I would have preferred if it were not, then we can use it for poses and other purposes. Her attire consists of a blouse, vest and a short tuxedo with coattails. The bow tie was sculpted, as were the buttons on her vest. I know the buttons are supposed to be on one side but I would have preferred them to be in the centre. As it is her look is a little awkward because of it. I don't like the way they did her ankles. They slant outwards and it just looks weird. Her feet are small and she's wearing heels. It's no surprise she has some trouble standing.  


























Accessories. She comes with a long wand, a poster of her show with a written note, a pair of fists, a pair of wand gripping hands, a stand and a base. They got the note on the poster wrong. If I recall correctly it should have been signed off as Zanna, not Zatanna. Or was that just the narration. I'll have to go re-watch the episode.


Articulation. She's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, peg hinge hips and knee hinge. She can look down a bit but not up. With the way they made her feet there's not many poses she can do. I'm actually surprised with what I managed below. 






























Comparison shots.




Am I blue over this figure? Partially. I like her look overall aside from the ankles. And I wish her hat were removable. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: