Saturday, July 23, 2016

Marvel Legends Series Captain Britain (Energized Emissaries)


From one Captain to another. This here is Captain Britain.




I'm not too familiar with Captain Britain. Excalibur too for that matter. I did read some of the comics but they just didn't appeal to me. Still I like that we're getting figures. This figure is of Captain Britain in his modern look. I did some checking and I believe he wore this costume in New Excalibur. The body largely reuses the Hyperion body. It's okay I guess as he is quite a large person. I hope they get round to sculpting slimmer legs for this body someday as the character appears stumpy and bulky presently. The forearms are new and have sculpted wrappings. The lower legs were sculpted to reflect pants. His pants are bunched up at the top of his boots and have wrinkles. The boots too are new. I love that they painted the buckles on them. He's got a great head sculpt. He's wearing a helmet. I like how they did the eyes with some depth so as to give some thickness to the helmet. He wears a relaxed expression and comes across as a pleasant person from his appearance. The paint apps are good. The lines came out clean. The design on his helmet and the Lion symbols on his shoulders were well done. Metallic blue paint was used on his torso and pants. My figure unfortunately has an unsightly splotch of white paint on his right bicep.


























He does not come with any accessories. The included BAF part is the left arm of Abomination.

Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot.
































Comparison shots. I like both versions we've got of Captain Britain so far. This new one will be my preferred display piece for his size. 






Captain Britain is a nice figure. He's just on the bulky side for me. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: