Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Marvel Avengers Infinite Series 3.75" Grim Reaper


Enter the Grim Reaper.


The Marvel Universe line has ended and in its place we have the new Marvel Avengers Infinite Series. The card is mostly black in colour with a scratched surfaced look which I think is pretty cool. The Avengers title is nowhere to be found but on the front there are four images representing Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and the Hulk. 



The text on the card back is too small to read so here's a zoomed in image. Click to enlarge. 


Grim Reaper is a character I almost forgot about. That is until I saw him on Avengers: EMH that I was reminded of him. I thought he was great in that show. This figure is based on his classic look in the comics. He's got a great head sculpt. The "Galactus" ears are pretty stiff which is good so they won't get bent easily. I like the sinister grin he's spotting. He's on the Cyclops base body. The front half of his torso looks to be cast in dark blue and the back half black. There's blue shading on his arms and thighs. There's no shading on the groin area. I appreciate Hasbro going for the comic book look but he looks a little segmented. The logo on his torso was well painted on. The cape has a turtle neck collar interestingly. The cape is textured and has nice flowy detail.

























His scythe was made of soft flexible plastic. It was warped out of the package. The outer edge of the blade has a notch near the tip. While I like the added detail I feel a normal curved blade would look better. The piece on his forearm where he holds the scythe by has a some black shading on it.


Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, single hinge elbows, wrist swivel on his left wrist, torso pivot, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot. There's enough space in his cape for him to look up and down.





























Comparison shots.



Nice figure. Thanks for viewing! 



3 comments:

Kim Dubuisson said...

Awesome figure! Cant wait to get it.

Hobgoblin238 said...

Wow you even have a vision. I am SO behind on this line I feel like giving up.

Jason said...

Hopefully Vision will get a new figure. I think there's a good chance with him being in the Avengers movie next year.