Sunday, September 27, 2020

Marvel Legends Series Silk (Fan Vote 2020)


Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Fan Vote 2020 winner, Silk. 



On the back of the package is a nice pic of the Marvel Universe. I always love these massive group pics. I used to have several such posters on my wall.   


The same pic is on the cardboard insert as well.


So did anyone vote for Silk? I'm curious as based on online chatter I gathered that people wanted Sif to win. I too wanted Sif. I guess there are more Silk fans out there. Anyway, Silk is a great looking figure. Hasbro did a good job with this repaint. She's in her updated costume which she wore in own comic book series. The white of her costume is really bright. She'll definitely stand out in the display. The paint apps is okay overall. I'm happy that the red lines were done well. The white deco could be better. There's quite a bit of fuzzy edges and slop. Nothing too noticeable at first glance fortunately. I don't think the white lines should run down the legs that way. There's no painted costume details on her back... I quite sure there's suppose to be some. Or am I thinking of another costume? Do let me know.    




Here's how she compares with the previous figure from the Space Venom wave. 



There are a couple of other differences aside from the costume. Her skin tone is fairer on this new figure. Her lip colour is of a lighter shade. The blue shading in her hair is of a slightly brighter tone. The red of her mask is lighter. Just noticed that some of the flesh colour is on her sculpted mask...



Accessories. She comes with an alternate masked head, a pair of gripping hands, a pair of fists and a web shooting right hand. 


The web shooting hand is the same one as from the Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman. Silk shoots webs from her fingers. I guess this works somewhat. That giant ball in her palm is distracting. At least they painted the fingers.  


A word of caution. Don't over pose the figure as I have or the paint on her legs will get scraped off...


Articulation. She's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. She can hardly look up due to her hair. She can look down fine. Head rotation is also hindered by her hair.







Comparison shots.




Great figure! This turned out better than expected. I like the look and how she "pops". The additional hands are great too. I may scrape off the paint on her legs. I think it'll look better. Thanks for viewing!



No comments: