Monday, September 5, 2016

Marvel Legends Series Nico Minoru (Mystic Rivals)


Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Nico Minoru.




To be honest I don't know anything about Nico Minoru. From the bits of info I Googled, I think she's an interesting character. She's a young sorceress. A powerful one I gather especially with The Staff of One in her possession. She likes to dress in the gothic style as you can see on the figure. I'm not sure when she appeared in this particular attire. I think it suits her very well. I really like the combination of colours. The head, torso and boots are new while the arms and upper legs are reused from the young female mould. There's nice detail on her mini corset dress. The lines pattern were sculpted on, as were the buttons. Another great thing is the lower portion where it meets the "skirt" portion is sunken in to allow the "skirt" to not stick out as much and appear jointly together as a dress. Very nice! Man that was a mouthful. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. There's great detail on her boots. The laces and straps were all sculpted and I like that painted the buckles. Speaking of paint, check out her sleeves. There's black lace painted on. Cool! Her tights were also very well painted. The lines on them are clean and straight. Not forgetting her facial features. Again great paint apps. I love her red eyes, black eyeliner and black lipstick. They contrast well with her pale skin tone. I like her hair as well. It's tied in a ponytail and there's lots of great detail. 



























Accessories. She comes with the Staff of One, an additional arm with her magic forearm and a smoke / magic effect piece for her staff. The included BAF part is the waist section of Dormammu.


The Staff of One I believe is based on its current appearance where it's shorter and has the ball in the middle. The Staff was broken during a battle with Apex it seems and that broken portion magically formed the gauntlet portion for her magical arm. She lost her forearm in battle. When not it use The Staff is concealed within her body. When summoned it will come out from her torso. I read that she had to bleed in order to summon it but I don't know if that is still the case nowadays. 

The Staff is gold in colour and has a shine to it. She can only hold it in her right hand (talking about the figure). Her grip isn't strong and it easily falls out. It's worse when the pink smoke effect is attached. The smoke effect piece is nice and helps illustrate her Staff in use. I recommend separating the parts when storing as the Staff will get warped if it stays within the smoke effect piece for too long. The forearm of her magic arm is new. It was made of translucent plastic and has sculpted rings on it. The black portion which is the gauntlet was also sculpted. 


Articulation. She's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot. She can look up and down very well. Her dress hinders leg articulation from being used to its fullest. Still she can do several nice poses.
































Comparison shots.




Great figure! One that I didn't expect to like so much. Thanks for viewing!


1 comment: