Monday, August 28, 2017

Marvel Legends Series Daredevil & Elektra (Man-Thing BAF)


Finished watching The Defenders recently. It was good. Loved it when they finally met and teamed up. I thought they played well off each other. My impression of Iron Fist has not improved much though. I found him irritating. Another thing is what happened to the Hand ninjas? I would have expected them to at least make an appearance. It was great seeing Daredevil back in action. So much so I decided to get to his review. And also Elektra. 




Daredevil is great looking figure. You gotta love the amount of detail on his costume. Practically the whole figure is textured. The various sections are well defined with the raised seams. And there's a good amount of wrinkles on his suit. He wears more solid padding at his forearms and lower legs and they too have some nice sculpted detail. The paint apps are good too. I especially love the silver applied for the clips and buckles. At his left thigh are two circular sheaths for his billy clubs. They are only attached at the side of his leg and they will not hinder thigh swivel. The head sculpt is okay. It looks a little too big to me. Did he have such a wide jaw? I'll have to go check it out. Another thing that bugs me are the lips. They look a little too big. Some stubble was painted on. I think it should be thicker. The mask is fine. There's good detail on it and I like how the ears, I mean horns turned out. The "eye lids" were painted with gloss paint and they help to highlight the eyes.


























Elektra is based on her appearance from season two of Daredevil. The body reuses Mary Jane's (MJ) body with a new upper torso, forearms and gloved hands. She wears a red inner blouse under her V-neck top. I like the wrinkles detail on it. Her forearms look a little too big to me. I don't see why they had to change them. MJ's were fine and she has pretty slim arms on screen. Her right hand was moulded with two fingers curved to hold the sai. Her left hand is a normal gripping hand. She has a great head sculpt. The likeness is good. Even behind the mask you can tell its her. The hair has good detail and I like that its got some black shading in it.


























Accessories

Daredevil come with an additional pair of fists and his billy clubs. The billy clubs may be attached together to form a longer one. They may be stored in the sheaths at his left thigh. It's a pretty tight fit. The BAF part is the head of Man Thing.

Elektra comes with an alternate unmasked head and a pair of sais. The BAF part is the left leg of Man-Thing.


A close up of Elektra's head sculpts. I think I might have damaged the neck joint when switching heads. Her head appears slanted now and I can't seem to get it back straight. Anyway I think they did a fantastic job with the unmasked head. The likeness is good. The same goes for the paint apps as well. I like the colour of her lips and the rouge applied at her cheeks.


























The sais have are quite firm but are still flexible. As mentioned previously, her right hand was moulded with two fingers curved to hold the sai like you see below. I like that they did that. One minor gripe is the "cuff" of her glove is too thick and the handle of the sai will get bent. 


Articulation

Daredevil has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. He can look up and down well. Do be careful when using the shoulder hinge as the shoulder pads may get scuffed. There isn't enough clearance for it. The ab crunch allows two clicks forward and one click back.

Elektra has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. She can look up and down well. The ball joint torso offers a good range of motion. I would have liked if there was more bend at the elbows.






























Comparison shots.






Both nice figures. I wish Daredevil had smaller lips. Thanks for viewing! 



3 comments:

Kim Dubuisson said...

AhHHAhHAhA! That fish at the end.

CassianAndor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J Hernandez said...

Great pic set, Jason!