Friday, June 23, 2017

DC Collectibles Supergirl (TV Series)


From one super lady to another. Here's a look at the DC Collectibles TV Series Supergirl.




I have held off picking up DC TV figures for budget reasons but I just couldn't resist Supergirl. I like the show and the figure looks great! I think the head sculpt is good and there's a good likeness. She has a pleasant and sweet appearance. There's some minor paint splotches at her lips and chin but I should be able to remove it completely. There's good detail for her hair and I like that they did dark brown shading for it. I think they absolutely nailed the look of her costume. I'm not sure if her blue top is textured but it certainly looks that way. It feels smooth to the touch. There are tiny shiny, silver specks in her costume which helps give it a vibrant appearance. The 'S' logo and red seam pattern were painted on. The skirt has creases on it and is textured. The boots likewise has nice crease detail. The skirt and boots have a black wash and dark red wash respectively. Very nice! While the skirt is a little flexible, it restricts leg articulation. 



























She comes with an extra set of fists and gripping hands. The gripping hands is appreciated. It would be nice if they included an accessory for her to grip. 


Articulation. She's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, elbow hinge, swivel hinge wrists, peg and hinge hips, double jointed knees, and ankle hinge. Head rotation is hindered by her hair and she can hardly look up or down. I would have liked if the torso had some articulation. Waist rotation for instance. The skirt restricts leg articulation. There's great bend for her knees. 






























Supergirl is in the 7" scale. I don't have similar scaled figures accessible but you can get an idea of her height compared to DCUC and DC Icons figures. 




Supergirl is a great looking figure! I would have liked if she had more articulation and an accessory or two. Thanks for viewing!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Educational review. Thanks. The few Im posting up on my desk are all in the 10- 12" size so this is too small. Any ideas? The toy & comic stores here suck