Monday, August 24, 2020

Marvel Legends Series X-men Movie 20th Anniversary X-men Origins: Wolverine Wolverine

I've been eagerly waiting for this. The Hugh Jackman Wolverine!



To be honest I didn't like Hugh Jackman in the role at first. Just wasn't feeling it in the first three X-men movies if you know what I mean. I think it wasn't until The Wolverine movie did he win me over. I liked that one. I would love to get a figure of him in his long black coat but that can wait as we're already getting not one, not two but three Hugh Jackman Wolverine figures! How great is that! It's remarkable considering not long ago we didn't think we would get any movie figures outside of Disney's MCU.  

This figure is based on his appearance in the X-men Origins: Wolverine movie. He's in his familiar singlet and jeans, and he has bone claws like he did at the beginning of the film. I think the head sculpt is good. There's a good likeness. I would have liked a little more facial hair at his lips and chin. Though there are some specks of paint there it still looks a little too clean for me in that area. I also would have liked if his mutton chops were more symmetrical. There's more hair on his right side than on his left. It could be just on my figure. I like the hair. It has great shape and detail, and there's even some shading in it. There's great detail on his attire. His singlet is textured and has some creases in it. They took things a step further and did some light shading for the lines in the singlet which really brings out the detail. Great stuff! Another bit of awesomeness is the sculpt of the Native American belt buckle. Very nice! His jeans too is textured and has a light wash on it. His arms are the pinless sort. His dog tags is a separate piece and is removable.        



Some close-ups. See what I mean about the mutton chops? It just bugs me. The likeness is even better when you view him at an angle or from the side. And here you can better see the lines of his singlet. Click images to enlarge.



Accessories. He comes with an alternate snarling head and a set of hands with Adamantium claws.


The snarling head too has a good likeness. He looks really angry with the slanted eyebrows and gritted teeth. The mutton chops are not symmetrical on this head too unfortunately. His hair is a bit more messed up here. 

A closer look at his claws. I like that his bone claws are not smooth. They have a bumpy surface. The colour for it is nice. It's a dirty beige colour with a light brownish wash.


I like the look and shape of the Adamantium claws. And I like the metallic shine on it as well.


The claws are removable. It'll leave three big holes in his hands though. I wished they had included a normal set of hands for him. Now he'll need to borrow some. You can mix and match the claws on his hand if you like. 


His hands may be used on some of the comic versions of Wolverine and vice-versa. The fit is slightly loose. The hands from the comic based figures fit tightly on the Hugh Jackman figure and there's a noticeable skin tone difference with the couple of hands I tried. 


Articulation. He's got a dumbbell joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, butterfly joints, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, ankle swivel and ankle hinge and pivot. With the dumbbell joint neck he cannot look up and down as much as I would have liked. The ab crunch allows one click forward and one click back.







Comparison shots. He's tall. Just like Hugh Jackman is. 




I'm a little annoyed with the mutton chops, the dumbbell joint neck and the lack of a normal set of hands. Overall though it's a great figure. I can't wait to get the other versions and check them out. Thanks for viewing!


2 comments:

GIJigsaw said...

Nice figure. I wasn't planning on getting this one, but hmmm....looks darn good.

Vicente Geonix said...

Did you ever get to review the other Wolverine? The one with the jacket?