Monday, February 17, 2020

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse The Batman Who Laughs


One of the most fearsome villains, the Batman Who Laughs.




The collectible card is of The Batman Who Laughs #1. I like the more detailed bios. It saves me some research and typing. Lol. 



The Batman Who Laughs (BWL) is a great looking figure. Love the amount of detail! Check out his attire. His top is an overlay piece and is leather like. It has several straps and studs sculpted on. Some parts are textured too. Nice! There's lots of wrinkles on his sleeves and pants. His boots look thick and heavy. The laces were sculpted and they also have some studs in them. I like that the buckles were painted. Also the studs on his tops. Actually some of it look like staples. Did he staple the straps to make his outfit?  Do let me know if you  know. He's got a great head sculpt. He looks menacing. His teeth were sculpted and I like the stained look. I'm a little annoyed at how much the red used for his lips smudged onto his skin. I looked up some images and at most there's a little bit of extra red around his mouth. On the other hand we can take it as being blood-stained. A frightening thought. His spiked visor was stuck on and looks really good. It has a rusty, metallic appearance. The "ears" were bent out of the package. I'll have to fix that. One thing about the head though is that it is rather small.  



























Ooooh what lovely teeth you have.


Accessories. He comes with a knife, sickle and a base. BWL is a "deluxe" figure and comes with a "Collect to Build" part of the Batmobile. The left side of the Batmobile to be specific. I'm not keen on the other deluxe figures (Nightwing and Batgirl) so I'm unlikely to complete it. Maybe when they go on sale on something.


The blades of his weapons look great. They are a little jagged and have dents in them. They also have a dirty and rusted look. Really gruesome! The handles of the weapons are rather thick and look out of proportion. He's able to hold them well. 


Articulation. He's got a dumbbell joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, butterfly joints with up and down movement, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, revolver type wrists, dumbbell joint waist (I'm guessing), peg hinge hips with thigh swivel, double jointed knees, revolver type ankles and toe hinge. He can look up and down decently. He also can tilt his head. Due to his attire raising his arms will from a Y shape. He's able to turn and bend at the waist. I can't say to what extent though as the joint was very stiff and I didn't want to break it.    






























Comparison shots. 




Great figure! My favourite of the three McFarlane figures I got so far. Thanks for viewing!



No comments: