Monday, April 6, 2020

Marvel Legends Series Winter Soldier (Crimson Dynamo BAF)


Here's a look at the new Marvel Legends Winter Soldier.




The cardboard insert features the symbols of a number of Avengers. I wouldn't mind using it as a backdrop for a display if there was a large version of it.



The Winter Soldier gets an upgrade. I'm happy with how the figure turned out. He has a great head sculpt. I think the likeness is good. His mask was sculpted on which is nice. They gave him long hair which I prefer. I think that's how it's been in the comics in recent times. I like that there's some shading in his hair. The torso and his metal left arm is new. The right arm and legs reuses those from the MCU Killmonger. The belt and leg strap are also from Killmonger. I like that there's some paint detail for his belt and weapons. The gun in his holster is not removable unfortunately. But at least is its of a similar colour to the handgun he comes with. The belt is removable. You can unpeg it at the gun side. The torso is textured and has nice detail on it. Good paint detail too. You can see different tones of blue in his attire.


























A close-up of his face. And here you can see the painted star on his left arm. It used to be to differentiate his allegiance he wore this design as a good guy and the red star when he was bad. But I believe he's been spotting the red star for some time while still being on the good side. Do correct me if I'm wrong. 


Accessories. He comes with a pistol and a rifle. We have seen these weapons before. They come in a gun metal colour this time round which looks good. I would have liked if he came with a knife as well. The BAF part is the head of Crimson Dynamo. 


Articulation. He's got a dumbbell joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. He can look up and down decently. The ab hinge allows about one click forward and one click back.

































Comparison shots.






Great figure! Thanks for viewing!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get the new gamerverse wave in yet? I'm incredibly desperate to find out more about that Iron Man.

GIJigsaw said...

Cool figure. As always, nice photo shoot.