Monday, October 8, 2018

Marvel Legends Vintage Series 2 Black Panther & Scarlet Spider


Last two! Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Vintage Series 2 Black Panther and Scarlet Spider.




I skipped the earlier Walmart Black Panther figure with the pink deco as I knew it would likely just be kept away and only used for the occasional pic. I'm glad I did as this Vintage series one is a much nicer figure. It is basically the same figure minus the pink deco and with what I think is a cooler black tone. I'm liking the shiny blue tinted black with the tiny sparkly bits in the plastic. The figure catches the light very well.  


























The necklace is removable. I know this is based on his 2016 appearance in the comics but I wouldn't mind using it as a classic Black Panther figure. 


Accessories. He comes with an extra pair of fists and a pair of white flame effect pieces.


Next up Scarlet Spider. 



I wasn't that excited for Scarlet Spider to be honest. Holding it in hand I must say it's a really nice figure. The figure is a repaint of the one we got in the Rhino BAF series. They did a really great job with it. The red is now of a darker tone and is of the shiny, metallic sort. The blue is brighter and richer. I just love the colours! It makes for a nice update. There are some other differences. The eyes here do not have the black outline and his belt and ankle pouches are of a lighter shade of brown. 


























He's also got a new set of web-shooters. One which I think is more comic accurate. Actually as I type this it just occurred to me the web-shooters may be from Spider-Girl.


Accessories. He comes with an unmasked head and an extra pair of web-shooting hands. The unmasked head is the same one that came in the Mary Jane two-pack. He has blonde hair here. With the change in hair colour he looks rather mischievous.  


You can use the unmasked head on the previous Scarlet Spider figure as well. 


A quick unmasked head comparison.


Articulation

Black Panther has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees,calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot. 

Scarlet Spider has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. My figure had stiff and stuck joints so do be careful when trying to move them.








Comparison shots.



I will be using the Rhino BAF series Scarlet as my 90s figure.





Great figures! I like both of them. Thanks for viewing!



9 comments:

GIJigsaw said...

Love the last photo. Hysterical. Cool figures and neat packaging. Definitely want to get the Wasp figure.

ERROR 14135270 said...

New scarlet have bigger spidey logo

PVG said...

Does the blonde Ben Reilly head fit on the Mr. Fantastic body? I think he'd make a great powered down Johnny Storm.

TechnoFreaks said...

whose body you use for gwen stacy?

Jason said...

@GIJigsaw - Thanks!

@ERROR 14135270 - Thanks! Didn't notice that somehow

@Paul Girard - Yes it does. Nice idea!

@TechnoFreaks - Diamond Select iZombie Liv

Unknown said...

What body did you use for the civilian Ben Reilly? I need me one of those. Or two...

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

these are great, just ordered Scarlet Spider

Unknown said...

Such a great comparison. By just going through the post anybody could make his mind what to choose.

X3rohour said...

Thanks.
I was on the fence, and you have shown me which side to fall on.