Saturday, November 25, 2017

C3 AFA Singapore 2017


C3 AFA Singapore 2017 is underway! I dropped by the event and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. Quite a number of the booths were eye-catching and they really add to the experience. I had fun trying several games, performing simple tasks and collecting freebies, and checking out the various anime displays and toys.


First stop the Bandai booth. It's the first thing you'll see when you enter.


Here's a quick look at what's on display.




Of note the Robot Spirits Pacific Rim figures! This series is scheduled for a February release next year.


And here are some of the event exclusive items and pre-orders on offer. On the retail front there wasn't anything of interest for me. If you've been to recent sales the prices are similar. 





















































Some displays from the Tamashii Nations booth now. 




The Kotobukiya Frame Arms Girls display. Click images to enlarge. 


Banpresto.



I was a little disappointed Good Smile Company did not have any figure display. But at least they had some exclusive products on sale. 



























"Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend". I only just came to know about this series thanks to the visuals on display. I quite like the art style. And from the plot outline it sounds quite interesting.



The life sized figure of Kato Megumi (a character from the series). There are only 20 of these made in the world and it may be purchased for SGD25000.  


I would usually skip trying out games due to the crowd but a title caught my eye. And that is "Little Witch Academia". I recently finished watching the series on Netflix and I loved it. I knew I just had to try the game from Bandai Nameco Entertainment. Titled  "Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time", the game is a side-scroller in which you control Akko. You can perform various attacks and cast spells. I quite like it and am considering getting it when it's released. Other games you can try at this booth are Girls Und Panzer, The Seven Deadly Sins and Gundam Versus. 


I mentioned at the top how I liked some of the booths. bilibili's booth is an example of that. It's bright, it's big and it's where you can catch several performances. I actually prefer this to the Super Akiba Stage. You can get a free folder from here so be on the lookout. 


Another booth which I liked is The IdolMaster booth which showcases characters and items from four The IdolMaster series. The booth is decked out in posters and images. With the moving and constantly changing coloured lighting it has the Akihabara feel if you know what I mean.



That's about it for now. I leave you with more images.











1 comment:

CassianAndor said...

Star Wars 6" Black Series figures Wave 14 spotted at Takashimaya Orchard on 3rd December. Two boxes of "Jaina Solo" no.56 were left in store room. Enquire a Hasbros staff.