Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Star Wars The Black Series 6" Sabine Wren


Rogue One: A Star Wars story tomorrow! Can't wait to catch it! In anticipation here's a look at the Black Series 6" Sabine Wren.




I love the Rebels series and I'm glad we're getting figures of them in the 6" scale. I just hope they finish at least the main crew of the Ghost. Sabine is based on her appearance from Season 1. It seems like it was such a long time ago and I find it a little weird looking at her. Lol. This is a good looking figure. I think she's got a great head sculpt. I think they got the skin tone of her face right. Unfortunately the rest of the body is of a different tone. The paint for her eyes is poor. My figure is cross-eyed and it looks like some kid hand drew the outline. I also feel the purple for her hair is of too dark a tone. I've little complaints about the body. There's good detail. The chest and shoulder padding are separate pieces stuck on. There are dents and scratches on them. There's nice wrinkle detail on her attire. I love the paint detail. And this is one figure you can't complain about paint splatter as she's an artist. 


























You're probably aware the design on her shoulder pads are different. They did a good job with it.


























Accessories. She comes with her helmet, two pistols and her spray paint thingy. The pistols were made of pretty rigid plastic. They are silver in colour. You may not be able to see but they actually have some dark grey dry brushing on them. Very nice!


The helmet looks rather roundish when worn her head. It still looks pretty good. It has nice sculpted and painted detail on it. I like that the black visor section is shiny. The best part of the helmet would have to be the usable targeting scope which swings down. I love that they did that. The helmet fits her head very tightly and I worry that it will scuff the plastic and scratch off the paint if worn off and on too much. 


A closer look at her spray paint thingy. It has a nice sculpt and no paint detail.


Articulation. She's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel and up and down right wrists, swivel hinge left wrist, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. She can look up and down well. The shoulder pads were made of soft, flexible plastic and there's enough allowance for the shoulder hinge to be used well. That is she is able to extend her arms out to the sides well.  































Comparison shots.



Sabine is great figure overall. I just wish the paint for her eyes were better. Thanks for viewing!


1 comment:

Kim Dubuisson said...

Wow! Never seen this one before.