Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave


Spotted this at local retail last week. I've stopped buying Transformers for awhile now but with Shockwave I just had to pick him up. He's one of my favourite Transformers. 




Shockwave is one cool and solid looking bot. I'm not sure where this look is based on but I think it's a nice modern version of him. I love the head sculpt. I like the shape of it and the "ears". They've gone back to the G1 look. The eye too is back to yellow compared to red which they've given him in recent times. The body has good bulk and has good proportions. There's also lots of great sculpted detail on it. The paint apps are great for the most part. One area to look out for are the knees where the purple may not cover the translucent area sufficiently. The Decepticon symbol was done very well. I've a couple of minor issues. I would have liked if the forearms did not have that piece at the side so we can make out his hands better. And I don't like the hollow area at the back of his legs. With the back of the foot visible it makes it awkward. I understand it's needed for his transformation though.   


























Articulation. There's a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, ball joint elbows, ball hips, thigh swivel, knee hinge which can bend back very far and ankle hinge. He can look up and down a bit, and also cock his head. 





Some comparison shots.



The transformation is easy as with most Legends Class figures. The legs tend to come off at the hips when you're pulling them downwards though.

Click images to enlarge.



Here he is in his gun mode. He's back transforming into a gun rather than a tank. Love it. Everything fits together well and is nice and compact.


His robot hand and gun are visible at the back. I wished they could have been hidden.


A gun handle can be pulled out. This is so he can be used by a Combiner or anyone with a 5mm hand slot. It's illustrated on the instruction sheet he can be used with Onslaught's vehicle mode as well.


I like the detail on the targeting screen. It has sculpted cross hairs and markings. 


Looking down the barrel. Those knee joints pass off fine as twin cannons.




Shockwave is a great figure! For more pics of him click the following link. 


I forgot to mention like with previous Legends Class figures he comes with a collectible card as well. 

That's all for now. Thanks for viewing!


3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TF-fan said...

Dude, can I ask which store you got this from? Thanks!

Jason said...

I got it from OG