Friday, January 8, 2016

Marvel Legends Series 6" Speed Demon (Superior Foes of Spider-Man)


Here's a look at the Marvel Legends 6" Speed Demon.




Speed Demon is a character I'm not too familiar with. I recall him popping up now and then and that's about it. He along with a couple of other villains had a resurgence in The Superior Foes of Spider-Man series. I haven't read it but I hear that it's funny. The figure reuses the "Pizza" Spider-man body. The costume details were all painted on. The paint apps are good. He's got a great head sculpt. He's spotting a cocky smile. There's a brighter shade of red painted at the centre of his visor. It seems odd and some of the red has gone onto his nose. 


























Accessories. He comes with an extra pair of running hands. Then there's a very cool toy car with Silvermane's head on it. The included Absorbing Man BAF part is the torso.


Silvermane is a notable crime boss who had a cyborg body. I had to look up the following. Apparently he lost his cyborg body and a kid found his head who then hooked it up to the toy car. Hence we got him in this way. The head sculpt is superb. There's great detail on it. His age definitely shows what with the wrinkles and the facial lines. I especially like the sculpted thick eyebrows. The eyes were very well painted. The back of his head has some very nice gun metal plating. You might be pleased to know that the head is removable. The toy car features a simple body. There's good detail for the wheels. They were made of plastic and are fixed. That is the car cannot roll. The antenna with the flag is removable. The antenna being bent is one instance I don't mind it being so.  



























Silvermane deserves better and so I tried the head out with a couple of bodies. 


I think the head goes really well with the Avengers 3-pack Ultron body. The metallic colours are a pretty good match too.


























Speed Demon's articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, chest expansion, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot.































Comparison shots.



Great figure! Though just the head, Silvermane's inclusion is cool. I've made up my mind he'll be taking Ultron's body. Thanks for viewing! 


1 comment:

Hobgoblin238 said...

Great photos as always. WISH this amount of creativity existed in the 3.75 line. I do not collect 6 inch myself.