Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Marvel Legends Infinite Series Anti-Venom


Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Anti-Venom.




A new symbiote character has arrived in the form of Anti-Venom. If you think he looks familiar, it's because the body largely reuses Toxin's body. The arms are the same. The feet are different but more on that later. The body is a good size for him but the shape is off. Anti-Venom had a large torso with long, thinner legs. The figure has large, muscular legs. He's got a new head sculpt. There's great detail on it. I like the teeth which I think they did a good job of. There are spikes coming out from the top of his head. I like the yellow eyes and mouth. They give good contrast and make him more fearsome. The paint on his face was well applied and so too for the spider logo.  


























The spiky piece on his back is removable. It's made of a soft rubbery material. He looks better without it. Or would have if not for the peg hole.


Now they've changed the feet. They are slightly flatter and look less like boots now. I would have preferred if they still used Toxin's feet as I feel they are more stable. See that big curve on Anti-Venom's foot. It takes away some of the figure's stability. He can still stand okay but posing requires a bit more effort.


Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep awivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot.

































Comparison shots. I probably will still use the Marvel Select version even though he's too big in size. 




This figure is not too bad actually. I find I like him more the more I play with him. Maybe if he had a little more spiky detail on the body... Thanks for viewing!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting choice of Venom figures to show in in the scale shot. Is that your favorite Venom figure? And if not which is?

Jason said...

I used the SMC Venom as it's more for the 6" scale. My favourite Venom is the Marvel Select one.

flywheels said...

I want to like this figure, but that comparison shot w/ the Marvel Select version kills it for me. They could have at least given Anti-Venom the same "arm" accessory that the Flash Thompson Venom came with.