Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Marvel Super Hero Mashers Venom


New Marvel Super Hero Mashers have hit stores. It's just the Battle Upgrade assortment though. The new figures include Venom and Falcon. I picked up Venom but had to leave without Falcon due to poor paint.




I like this figure. It's like an animated Mcfarlane Venom.  He's got a great head sculpt. I like how the teeth turned out. He's got lots of it. The body uses many new parts. It's big and has good bulk. A little too much bulk in fact. You'll see what I mean below. The spider logos were painted on very well. There's quite a lot of scuffing on my figure. Maybe I just got a poor piece.

























He comes with a number of additional parts. The coolest one I think is the tongue. Now we can have him in two different looks.


Then there's Carnage's right arm. It goes together very well with him.


He also comes with a purple launcher which shoots a green Y shaped missile. It can be attached to any of the various holes on his body. Except for the hole in his right hand due to the curved shape of the launcher.


I'm not sure what this next piece is supposed to be. I'm going to take it as his chewy green string of slime. Yummy! Lol.


Articulation. He's got peg hinge neck, peg hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, peg hinge hips, thigh swivel, swivel hinge knees and ankle hinge and pivot. The ankle pivot cannot be used much due to the design of the lower legs.





It's mash up time. Here's a few I've come up with with the Venom parts. 





Comparison shots.


Hulk and Venom should really exchange bodies. The Hulk is too lean compared to him.



Great figure. For a look at Captain America, Spider-man and Dr Doom, follow the link.

Thanks for viewing!



3 comments:

Dr Syn said...

I wanna mash yo'brains!

Kim Dubuisson said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

Re-read this review and went down for a weekend sale to reconsider my Masher dilemma - I got sold after re-reading this and holding the Venom in my hands!