Monday, September 28, 2020

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Flash (DC Rebirth)


Here's a look at the McFarlane DC Multiverse The Flash.




The collectible card features the cover of The Flash #1.



The Flash is a great looking figure. I really like the look of his suit. It's not a plain, simple costume. It actually has quite a bit of detail on it. I especially like the ribbed sections. His crotch area is of a soft, vinyl material. They did it really well and it blends seamlessly with the hard plastic upper torso and legs. The bolts on his forearms and belt are raised. Also the logo on his chest. I feel the ring for the logo is a little too thick. The bolts on his chest were nicely painted on. His left hand curves outwards. At first I thought it got bent in the package. I did a check online and found out it actually is supposed to be like that. I get that he sometimes runs like that but it looks a little awkward to me. I would have preferred a straighter hand. He's got a great head sculpt. I like it. And I like that smile. He reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.  




Close-ups of his head. They did his eyes very well.



Accessories. He comes with six Speed Force lightning effect pieces. Two small ones for the arms, two medium sized ones for the legs, one for the back and one for the foot. He also comes with a base. I would have liked if he came with additional hands.


The back effects piece have two bolts attached. Each one is on a hinge and you can adjust it's position. I would have preferred them to be on a peg hinge joint so we can adjust their position better. As it is if we turn his body slightly the bolts will follow suit. They should still be at his back. I hope you get what I mean. 


Here's how he looks with all the effect pieces attached. Everything looks rather straight.


The effect pieces stay on quite well. The pegs are labelled L and R in case you're not sure where to put each one.


Articulation. The Flash has a dumbbell joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, butterfly joints with up and down movement, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, revolver joint wrists, ball joint torso, ball joint waist, peg hinge hips, a bit of thigh swivel at the hips, double jointed knees, revolver joint ankles and toe hinge. He can look up and down a little. A peg hinge would be better here so he can look up more when in a full run. The butterfly joints go back more than they go front. The bicep swivel is hindered by the sculpt. You can still force it to turn. The elbows have very good bend. He can only bend forward a bit. He can bend back and to the sides more.  








Comparison shots.



Great figure! He needs additional hands. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: