Sunday, June 28, 2020

Scoob! Scooby-Doo & Captain Caveman


Scooby Doo, where are.... oh silly me! Right in front of me.




Usually a Scooby-Doo figure wouldn't get that excited but because this one is in the 6" scale I just had to get him. I like to mix characters from different lines. This line is not available locally unfortunately. Prices with shipping is quite costly so I just got this one set for the moment. Hope to get Shaggy at some point. And I hope that the rest of the Mystery Inc gang will get released.        

Scooby is based on his appearance in the recent Scoob! movie. A movie I haven't watched yet but plan to at some point. The figure has a nice sculpt and has a pleasant expression. He looks a little dolled up. That's due to the rather thick eyeliner they applied. They are even bigger than his eyebrows which should not be the case. He's missing the three dots at his chin area. It should be a simple fix with a marker. The body looks good. The collar and tag were sculpted. The shade of blue is spot on. I like that they painted buckle.  




























Captain CaveeeeeeMaaannnn! It's good to see him back again. He's a fun, lovable bumbling character. He's got a bit of an update in his appearance. I can't say I like the changes. I find the coloured bands in his hair and the bracers on his forearms rather distracting. I do like the his face and expression. I like how his hair and whiskers are so thick and prominent. This gives him more of a resemblance to how he appeared in the cartoons than in the movie. Lol. The hair detail is good and it's textured in some areas which is nice.     




Captain Caveman comes with his club. I would have liked if the top could be opened up and have some gimmick extend out.


Articulation

Captain Caveman has peg shoulders and swivel hinge ankles. Aside for at the elbows and wrists, I think more points of articulation would spoil the look so this is about as good as it gets.  

Scooby Doo has neck rotation, peg joints at all of his legs and tail rotation. I'm disappointed that there's no hinges at the "knees" (middle of his legs) so that he can be posed better.






Comparison shots. The old Scooby figure that I have has "knee" hinge.. 







The figures could be better but they are good for what they are. Which are toys meant for kids. I sometimes forget that. Thanks for viewing!    



1 comment:

GIJigsaw said...

Awesome. Love these figures. Always liked Captain Caveman. Nice photos mashups at the end as usual.