Saturday, February 24, 2018

Marvel Legends Series 90s Deadpool & X-Force Deadpool (Sasquatch BAF)


A double dose of Deadpool!




























With how good a figure the modern Deadpool from the Juggeranut BAF series is I didn't really think I'll have much need for the 90s version. I was so wrong. This figure is amazing! Everything looks perfect and the plastic used feels solid. And I love the bright red colours and how much it pops. He's on the Sunfire body which means he has butterfly joints. Great for a character like him! He's got a nice head sculpt. It's a different sculpt from previous versions. The black eye portion is larger and there are not as much seams. They captured the 90s look very well. The bands at his neck, wrists and ankles are separate pieces. The straps, sword sheaths and belt is one separate piece. There's great detail on the straps. You can make out the stitching and it has wrinkles on it. I like that they painted the buckles. The logo on his belt was also well painted. I would have liked if they applied a bit of paint detail for the pouches. 


























His gear is removable. The previous unmasked head can fit on the body.


I missed out on the Hascon Deadpool so I'm quite happy they released this one. It saved me a bit of money. Besides the figure is practically the same, it's just missing some accessories and we get some odd coloured ones. I'm not as hardcore a collector as before so this will do. Deadpool is in his X-Force costume. The grey colour has a tinge of blue in it. I would have liked if it was a proper grey. The head reuses the same head sculpt as the one from the Juggernaut BAF series. The body uses the Bucky Captain America mould. The bands at his neck, wrists and ankles are separate pieces. So too the harness, belt and thigh holster. I like that they painted the buckles and studs on his  gear and I like that they also did some black shading on them. 


























Accessories


The 90s Deadpool only comes with a pair of short swords. The grips are textured and he can hold them well in his hands. The swords may be stored in the sheaths on his back. I would have liked if he came with a gun or two. He'll just have to borrow some. 

X-Force Deadpool comes with two swords, a large rifle type gun and a pistol. The BAF part is the head of Sasquatch. The weapons are practically the same as the ones that came with Deadpool from the Juggernaut BAF series. The guns here are have blue on them. I wish Hasbro could have just given us some standard coloured guns. 

Guns borrowed from other characters

Articulation

The 90s Deadpool has a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, butterfly joints, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation,ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot.

X-Force Deadpool has a bll hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot.
































Comparison shots.




Both great figures! I really love the 90s Deadpool. I just wish he came with more accessories. Thanks for viewing!


1 comment:

J Hernandez said...

Awesome review, Jason! And great pics!