Thursday, January 19, 2017

Marvel Legends Series Green Goblin (Sandman BAF)


Things have been busy of late and will continue to be so.... I'll try to post new reviews when I can. Anyway here's a look at the Marvel Legends Green Goblin from the Sandman BAF series. 




I was not really excited for Green Goblin. I mean Toy Biz already came out with an amazing figure of him and I still prefer that over this. That's not to say this is a bad figure. Green Goblin uses the same body as Hobgoblin with a different belt. He also carries the same satchel bag. It's light purple in colour here with gold painted buckles. The similarities is partly why I'm not too keen on this figure. I like the two goblins to be more unique from each other. The head sculpt is nice. He's got a really menacing look. There's good facial details which are brought out by some black shading. The ears were bent out of the package. I'm going to have to fix that. I personally don't like the dangling straps of his cap. 


























Accessories. He comes with a glider and a pumpkin bomb. The glider is different from the one that came with Hobgoblin. The design is different and it is bigger in size. My piece has the "swirly" plastic right on the "face" of the glider to my annoyance. The pumpkin bomb is similar to Hobgoblin's. This one was painted. Green Goblin can hold it pretty well in either hand. Also included are the default head and battle damaged head of the Sandman BAF.     


Here's how he looks on the glider. The platform portion was initially at an angle but has become flat under his weight.


Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot.






























Comparison shots.





This is a nice figure but I still prefer the Toy Biz version for the more classic look. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: