Thursday, January 17, 2013

Marvel Legends Archangel


Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Archangel.



I initially thought I would dislike this figure due to the metallic paint. But now having seen it first hand, its not bad. I still prefer the paint job on the second Toy Biz release though, minus the face paint.   
























This figure is basically the same as the SDCC X-Force version. Different costumes obviously. And the X-Force version has shiny wings while this one has matte wings. I prefer the matte ones as the shiny ones remind me of a cooking tray. The wings can be used on either figure so we can mix and match.


Comparison with the Toy Biz Archangels. While I like the colours of the Toy Biz releases, I'll use the Hasbro version for display.


Wings comparison. Here's the Toy Biz wings. Both the Toy Biz Archangels had the same type of wings. I like the individual feathers. Looks wise its more impressive. A downside, for me anyway, is that the wings extend a long way and it made displaying him problematic. And the figure has trouble standing with the wings on. 


The Hasbro wings are neater and has more articulation. He also has trouble standing with them on.


Here's how the back looks.


He'll certainly be easier keep. 


Articulation. Hes got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulder, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot.

 

 




A comparison shot. I think Cyclops is supposed to be taller. But nevermind that, they look good together. 


Thats all for now. Thanks for viewing!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the coolest figure in this wave! And you have the X-Force version! I am so jealous! lol

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Great!

H.C.F said...

Any advice on where I can get the Xforce archangel and psylocke?I just started marvel legends collection, not gonna collect all but I want the full xforce set.