Thursday, March 8, 2012

Marvel Legends Terrax BAF


Here is Terrax, the Build a Figure for Marvel Legends 2012 wave 1.



First a rundown of the figures you need to get and the parts they come with to assemble Terrax:
  1. Steve Rogers - lower torso
  2. Hope Summers - head and axe
  3. Exremis Iron Man - right leg
  4. Klaw - left leg
  5. Constrictor - upper torso
  6. Ghost Rider - left and right arms

Each figure comes with a part of the Tales of Terrax which gives a brief background of the character. Click the images to enlarge. 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


There shouldn't be problems with assembling the figure. Just my luck the right leg didn't seem to want to stay on no matter how I tried to attach it. I did a quick fix using blu-tac. The leg is staying on for now but it resulted in his right leg hanging lower than his left, so he may seem to be leaning to one side in the pictures. I'll have to fix it again another time.

Right, first glance, Terrax looks tall. The legs seem longish. Other than that, the rest of the figure looks great. The headsculpt is nice, good likeness. His expression is of anger. I like the scowl and the gritted teeth. He can look a bit constipated from certain angles though. The red chest piece and the "skirt" have some flexibility and they don't get in the way of articulation that much. They are also removeable, that is if you haven't assembled the figure yet. Seeing the blue torso underneath along with his light grey skin make me think we'll see Blastaar in the future. The paint is superb. I've nothing to complain about. The blackwash on his skin is a bonus.    













Nice beard. I doubt its as awesome as Chuck Norris's though.


Terrax has his cosmic axe for an accessory. There's some nice sculpted detail on it and he can hold it securely with his right hand. 


Articulation. Hes got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, single hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, peg hinge hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, swivel at the top of his boots and hinge and rocker ankles. He can raise his arms up decently despite the shoulder covers. The red vertical strap that attaches to his belt hinders waist rotation.  















I'm not sure how tall Terrax is supposed to be. The figure stands two heads above normal sized 6" scale figures. He is around the same height as Red Hulk.








Great figure. Along with the rest in this first wave, I'll say its a great return for the Marvel Legends line. There's one more figure which I didn't post on and that's modern Thor. The second wave already out in the States, looking forward to that. Hopefully the figures will be available locally. Thanks for viewing!  



3 comments:

flywheels said...

I just completed my Terrax last night and I'm loving him. Thanks for the group shot w/ the other cosmic characters. Now I really want to build that Galactus!

What line did that Thanos come from? I don't remember ever seeing him in this scale.

Jason said...

That Thanos is from Marvel Select.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

FUN groupings there- nice collection! :)