Friday, April 1, 2011

K-On! Figma


K-On! is about a group of high school girls who join the Light Music Club. They had problems starting out  but they got through that, becoming best of friends and having fun along the way. Their band is called Ho-kago Tea Time, or After School Tea Time in english.   

I've been following the anime series for several months and have grown to love all the characters. The show is light-hearted and fun to watch. I always feel good after watching an episode. I'm going to miss it. A K-On! movie will be released in Japan on 3 December 2011. Looking forward to it. 

In the mean time, I hope to rewatch some episodes. The Japanese DVD and Blu-Ray are already available. I've got an eye on the Bandai Entertainment version with english dub and subtittles. The first season will comprise of four volumes with the first volume being released on 26 April 2011. Annoyed at volume releases, would prefer a whole season boxset and I think I might just hold out for one. Hope that decision doesn't come back to bite me later on.  

The music is good too. I bought a CD, Ho-Kago Tea Time Second. It contains quite a number of songs. It does not have all the opening and ending songs though. The second disc in this set is called the cassette mix. Its supposed to be the tape the girls recorded in the second last episode. Along with the songs, it contains their dialogue. 

Back to the figures. Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them. 




















I'll admit it. I teared up during the final episode.





Larger sized pics of this set can be viewed here.
I just got one more thing to say. I love the Light Music Club !


No comments: